The compressed schedule for the college is posted in the college calendar and student handbook. The schedule may be modified for nursing students by the Nursing Department. Changes will be posted on the bulletin boards, as well as the Student Meeting Space, as necessary beginning each semester. Students will be responsible for determining their class, lab class, and clinical start times.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
When the college is closed or delayed due to inclement weather or other emergency, announcements will be made on local television and radio stations as well as the college's SNOW CANCELLATION phone line ((570) 740-0314 or 1-800-377-5222 ext 314).
You can also go online and check the college web home page (www.luzerne.edu).
Please DO NOT call the nursing office for weather related information.
If weather is inclement in home locality, notify clinical instructor as directed during orientation that departure is being delayed while waiting for public service announcement related to college delay of classes.
If college is not closed the decision to commute to clinical setting should be based on consideration for personal safety. Notify instructor if you will be absent. Clinical objectives will be made up on an individual basis as directed by clinical instructor. A clinical make-up day maybe required if the student has previously missed two clinical days. However, the student will not be charged a make-up fee for this day.
College policy states:
In situations when the College is in operation and the student makes a discretionary decision not to attend class because of what he or she determines to be dangerous winter weather conditions, the College will consider this absence to be excused only when the school district in which the student lives is cancelled.
Elk Lake/ Kulpmont/ Honesdale - Day Clinical
- If Luzerne County Community College is closed due to inclement weather all clinical is cancelled.
- If Elk Lake/ Kulpmont / Honesdale Schools are closed or delayed and LCCC has no delays or cancellations, report to clinical at your regularly scheduled time.
- If LCCC is on a compressed scheduled, report as directed by the clinical instructor to either LCCC, Bld. #9 or to your classroom at the time the College is scheduled to open.
Main Campus/ Elk Lake/ Kulpmont/ Honesdale - Evening Clinical
- If the College remains open, clinical will begin at regularly scheduled time.
- If College is on a compressed schedule, evening clinical will begin at regularly scheduled time unless students are notified otherwise.