This is an intense, 12 week course directed at facilitating the transition of the registered nurse back into the nursing workforce. The course includes the nursing process with attention to physical assessment, documentation, medication and intravenous therapies, and healthcare technologies.
At the completion of the course, the Registered Nurse will be able to:
- State recent developments in nursing practice
- Practice selected client clinical skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current treatment and nursing care of clients
- State methods and nursing measures used in medication therapy of clients
- State principles underlying current nursing practice
- Develop nursing process specific to clients' needs
LCCC's Re-entry into Nursing Program consists of 100 hours of training, including 60 hours of classroom instruction, and 40 hours of clinical experience. Upon successful completion of this course, RN's will receive a Certificate of Achievement.