Where do I call for information? Call (570) 740-0495 or (570) 740-0496 or 1-800-377-5222 ext. 7495 or ext. 7496 Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How do I find out if seats are available in a class? If you register for a class that is filled (no seats are available), we will contact you promptly.
Will I receive a confirmation notice? Yes. Confirmation notices are mailed upon registration. However, if you register just a few days before the scheduled start of the class, you may not receive a confirmation notice prior to the start date. You should plan to report to the first class. If the class is filled or canceled, we will contact you.
Will my books be brought to class? No. It is the students' responsibility to obtain books.
Our bookstore hours are:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
You can call the bookstore at 1-800-377-5222, ext. 7434 to order books over the phone and have them mailed directly to you.
Where will my course meet? Most classes/programs meet in the Education Conference Center, Building #10. A confirmation is always mailed to each student, when they register, with the course location on it. Any questions about the room assignment, contact Continuing Education.
Need directions? Click here
Please Note: Continuing Education doesn't follow the academic calendar and classes will be held as long as the college is open. If there are exceptions, they will be indicated in the course description or announced by your instructor.
What should I wear? Normally, we suggest business casual, however, if the attire is different, it will be indicated in the course description.
What if my course is canceled? You will be notified by phone or e-mail before the scheduled starting date if your course is canceled. We will be glad to transfer you to another course, issue you a credit voucher or mail you a refund.
Do we have class when the weather is bad? Check our snow cancellation line (1-800-377-5222, ext. 7314) or go to www.luzerne.edu to see if the college is closed. We service a large area. Please use your discretion and remember: Safety first!
How can I get a refund? To withdraw from a course for which you have registered, please notify the Continuing Education Department by phone, e-mail, or by mail. Your refund will then be processed according to our refund policy.
How long until my refund arrives? If you paid by credit card your refund will be credited to your account within one week of the cancelled course. If you paid by money order or check your refund will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
What if I have to miss the first class? We encourage you to register for a class even if you cannot attend the first class meeting. Most instructors can accommodate you if you must miss one of a several session course.
Can I get in touch with the instructor? We will be happy to pass along a message to your instructor; however, we are not able to give out instructor phone numbers. For answers to questions about a class or course, please phone the office. (See phone numbers listed above.)
How do I sign up for a course?
There are six easy ways to enroll in the course you want!
- By Phone (the easiest way) You can enroll over the pone with Discover, MasterCard or Visa. Please have all the information requested on the registration form before calling. Our phones are staffed during business hours, Monday through Thursday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call 1-800-377-5222 (ext. 7495 or ext. 7496).
- By Mail (the postal way) Simply complete the registration form and send it to Continuing Education, LCCC, 1333 South Prospect Street, Nanticoke, PA 18634-3899 with your check made out to LCCC, Dept. 63000, or send along your Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit card number, expiration date and the three-character customer ID number, usually found on the back of your card on the signature strip after the last four digits of your credit card number.
- By Fax (the hi-tech way) Fax your completed registration form with your Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit card number, expiration date and the three-character customer ID number, usually found on the back of your card on the signature strip after the last four digits of your credit card number. The line is open 24-hours. Please dial (570) 740-0491.
- In Person (the most personal way) Stop by the office during business hours, Monday through Thursday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are located in the Educational Conference Center, where free parking is available while you enroll.
- By Purchase Order No. (the business-like way) Organizations enrolling staff for training and development purposes will be invoiced if a purchase order number is quoted.
- From Your Computer (the Internet way) We are now pleased to offer registration via the Internet through our on-line registration system. Simply look us up at Course Listings, click on the Category and browse through our many courses. Then, follow the directions for registration.