ALL students MUST COMPLETE the FAFSA and the Luzerne County Community College Financial Aid Application to be eligible for any type of student aid.
- If you have already completed the FAFSA for previous academic years, you must completed the FAFSA Renewal online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
- You must complete a FAFSA for each academic year that you are enrolled at Luzerne County Community College and the Luzerne County Community College Financial Aid Application.
- If you are unsure if you want or need financial aid, complete the FAFSA just in case.
- Remember: It is best to submit your FAFSA as early as possible after January 1.
- It is recommended that you and your family file your taxes first and then submit your FAFSA Renewal.
- If you want to be in the applicant pool for a PHEAA grant, you must have your FAFSA submitted before May 1. If you file later, you cannot receive any grants from PHEAA.
All students must continuously make academic progress as defined by the institution as per federal regulation in order to maintain their federal aid. Academic Progress will be reviewed at the end of the spring semester of each academic year. The exception to this will be all students enrolled in programs of less than two (2) years in length. These students will be reviewed after one major semester of enrollment. This includes diploma and certificate programs. If the student does not meet the above stated requirements, he/she will not receive federal funds for the following semester.