Transfer Students

If you are planning to transfer to LCCC, please take the following steps to receive your student financial aid at LCCC.

Step One: Notify your prior school (Registrar and Financial Aid Office) that you will not be returning.

Step Two: Release your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information to LCCC.

  • If you have already completed the FAFSA:
    • Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243 (touch tone only) or 319-337-5665 to request that your FAFSA be released to LCCC.
    • You will need your:
      • DRN number from your Student Aid Report (SAR)
      • LCCC's Federal School Code - 006811
  • If you have not completed the FAFSA:
    • Submit the FAFSA on the Web so that your student financial aid can be processed at LCCC.
    • Use LCCC's Federal School Code (006811) where requested on the FAFSA.

Step Three: Contact your state grant agency (if applicable).

  • If you are receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant, you must notify the AES/PHEAA Grant Division in writing that you are transferring to another school. Send your written communication to:

    AES/PHEAA Grant Division
    1200 North Seventh Street
    Harrisburg, PA 17012

  • Include:
    • your name
    • social security number
    • semester you are transferring
    • housing status (on/off campus or living with parents)
    • indicate you will attend LCCC

You may also contact the Financial Aid Office at LCCC to complete an Enrollment Change Form.

Step Four: Contact the Veterans Affair Representative (if applicable).

  • If you are collecting benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill, you must apply on-line for benefits to the following website: and complete a VA form 22-1995 for veterans and 22-5495 for beneficiaries or survivors.