ACT235 - Lethal Weapons Training
Complete the Online Application. Click on LWTA Application.
Download and print the physical examination and psychological examination forms from www.lethalweapons.state.pa.us. You must undergo a physical and psychological examination at your own expense. The physicians must be PA licensed. The physicians must submit completed and signed forms to the Lethal Weapons Certification Unit.
You will receive an approval/denial letter to attend training. It will be mailed to the address you provided in application.
After receiving your approval letter, you can register for class by clicking on 'Register' next to the course below.
|Course Title||Start Date||End Date||Course Description||Tuition||Act 235 - Lethal Weapons Basic||03/13/2017||03/23/2017||Location: LCCC - Public Safety Training Institute, 1333 So. Prospect Street, Nanticoke, PA 18634|
Please visit the PA State Police Website for all details. Once the student receives the PA SP letter, they can sign up at LCCC. Dates are: 3/13, 3/14, 3/15, 3/16, 3/18. 3/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23. Class times are 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm weekdays, Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm NOTE: Price without firearms is $200.00 not $265.00.
|$265.00||Register||Act 235 - Recertification||03/16/2017||03/18/2017||Location: LCCC - Public Safety Training Institute, 1333 So. Prospect Street, Nanticoke, PA 18634|
Please visit the PA State Police Website for all details. Once the student receives the PA SP letter, they can sign up at LCCC. Dates 3/16/2017 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm, 3/18/2017, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Complete the registration form.
- Enclose a check, money order or credit card information, payable to Luzerne CCC for the tuition.
- Attach the approval letter you received from the Pa. State Police.
- Upon successful completion of the training you must supply Luzerne County Community College with your credit card information to be forwarded to the PSP/Commonwealth of PA in the amount stated in your approval letter for your license.
You will need:
- Current edition of the Pa. Crimes Code
- Revolver or pistol and 200 rounds of ammunition. This will be discussed the first night of class. Please do not bring your weapon to class until instructed.
Upon successful completion of the Act 235 Lethal Weapons course the college will submit your grades and your credit card payment information. Once received by the PSP, they will issue your license which is good for 5 years.