Associate of Applied Science (Two year program)
The Automotive Technology curriculum is planned to have theory and practical experience combined. The student will acquire a comprehensive understanding of the theory and skills necessary to diagnose, service and repair automotive systems and components utilizing varied computer systems/technology. The student completing this program will be qualified for employment in the automotive repair industry as a line technician, fuel management specialist, transmission specialist, brake specialist, drivability specialist, under car/wheel service specialist, basic auto machinist/rebuilder, service writers.
This program provides the student the opportunity:
- Learn the necessary skills needed to become a service technician in the ever changing automotive Industry.
- Learn the skills to obtain a career as an automotive technician with exposure to a wide range of job opportunities in the automotive repair industry.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Communicate automotive issues successfully, both oral and written.
- Diagnose, evaluate, repair and maintain automotive systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technology and principles of operation in the service and repair of today's advanced technology vehicles.