Hospitality Business Management
Certificate program (Typically finished in two semesters
*** Program Under Revision ***The mission of the Hospitality Business program is to provide excellence in education, guiding the learner in the pursuit of entry level management skills and employment goals.
The certificate in Hospitality Business Management is designed to prepare students for direct entry into the hotel, catering, restaurant and resort management fields. The curriculum is designed to apply principles of management and to demonstrate professional ethical behavior when entering the workforce.
This program provides the student the opportunity:
- To understand principles of hospitality business management.
- To learn professional skills to successfully operate a hospitality business.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Utilize and explain financial reporting data.
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of management principles.
- Apply managerial theory to practical business applications.
- Evaluate and discuss solutions for hospitality business scenarios and case studies.
- Apply sanitation and safety principles.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to assume an entry-level management position in a hospitality facility.