Hospitality Business Management
Associate of Applied Science (Two year program)
*** Program Under Revision ***The mission of the Hospitality Business Management program is to provide excellence in hotel and restaurant education, guiding the learner in the pursuit of management skills and employment goals.
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for direct job entry into the hospitality management industry.
Emphasis is placed upon entry / middle-level managerial positions in the various aspects of the hospitality industry: food services, catering, hotel administration, sales/marketing, meeting planning, resort operations, and convention and visitors bureaus.
Concentration is on the practical application of managerial principles involving the most up-to-date techniques of the industry. The specific courses are complemented by a practicum that gives the student a significant period of on-the-job experience, while specialized offerings are supplemented by liberal arts and basic hospitality business courses.
This program provides the student the opportunity:
- To understand principles of hospitality business administration and management.
- To learn professional skills to successfully operate a hospitality business.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Develop, utilize and analyze financial reporting data.
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of management principles.
- Demonstrate managerial theory and analysis.
- Evaluate and discuss solutions for hospitality business scenarios and case studies.
- Apply sanitation and safety principles.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to manage hospitality facilities.