20 of the Most Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- "Tell me about yourself."
- "Why are you interested in working here?"
- "Tell me about your work experience." (or, "How does your work or college experience relate to the position we have here?")
- "Which experiences have been the most valuable to you and why?"
- "What are your strongest traits?" "Your weakest?"
- "What has been your greatest challenge?"
- "Describe a situation where you had a conflict with another individual, and how you dealt with it."
- "Describe your leadership style." (Appropriate for management positions).
- "In a particular leadership role you had, what was the greatest challenge?"
- "Give me an example of an idea developed that was creative or innovative?"
- "How have your educational and work experiences prepared you for this position?"
- "Give me an example of how you work with others."
- "How do you deal with pressure/stress?"
- "Tell me about a difficult decision you have made."
- "Give me an example of a situation in which you failed, and how you handled it."
- "What can you contribute to this company?"
- "What characteristics are most important in a good manager?" "How have you displayed one of these characteristics?"(Appropriate for management positions)
- "Are you willing to relocate or travel as part of your job?"
- "Describe an accomplishment that has given you the most satisfaction."
- "What are your future plans/goals?"