Industrial Maintenance Technicians are in strong demand in today's automated workplace. Members of this trade work in industrial plants installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining automated machinery found in an industrial plant, including conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and robotics. This career field can be particularly challenging, due to the responsibility of ensuring that production processes run smoothly and preventing costly breakdowns.
The aim of this program is to prepare individuals for successful entry-level positions in industry or upgrade their present skills by providing exposure to all aspects of the manufacturing, production and maintenance needs of industry. Students will acquire skills through theory, hands-on experience, and Internships.
The program is divided into separate training modules. To complete the IMT program, students must complete the following classes:
- Industrial Electricity: Parts I, II and III
- Industrial Motor Controls: Parts I, II and III
- Programmable Logic Controllers: Parts I, II and III
In addition, due to current industry demands five Specialized Certifications are now available through the Continuing Education Department (Non-Credit)
- Certificate in Industrial Electricity
- Certificate in Industrial Motor Controls
- Certificate in Programmable Logic Controllers
- Certificate of completion in Basic Fundamentals of Welding
- Certificate of completion in Photovoltaic Installation (Solar Panel)
These programs are designed to allow you to enter the job market with a minimum amount of training time.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Days/Times||Sessions||Tuition||Hours||LCCC Building 2 Room 201- Tentative||09/01/2015||10/01/2015||Tuesdays and Thursdays|
6:00 p.m. - 9:12 p.m.
|10||$460||32||Registration Packet||LCCC Building 12 Room A125||08/11/2015||09/04/2015||Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays|
6:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.