Frequently Asked Questions


If you do not find the answer to your questions below, please feel free to contact the College at 1-800-377-5222.

For Admissions press/select 1
(How to apply for college, steps to enroll, needed admissions documents)

For Student Support press/select 2
(Financial Aid, registration, academic advising, transcripts, counselors, early college, transfer questions, etc.)

For the Business Office press/select 3
(Billing and payment information, as well as how to access the College's payment plan option)

For the Bookstore press/select 4

For Academic Affairs press/select 5
(Questions about instructors, grades, distance education)

For Technical Support press/select 6
(Help with online classes, technical issues, passwords, email accounts, etc.)

For all other questions press/select 8

Grading Information

Students will receive a letter grade for every course they complete. After you receive your final grade you will have 7 days to decide if you would like change to a Pass Grade instead of a letter grade or withdraw from the course and receive a W (Withdrawal).

There are two types of a Pass Grade. The PS is a passing grade equal to a C or better. The PD is a passing grade equal to a D. Students who earned a C or better can chose the PS grade. A student who earned a D+ or D can choose a PD grade.

The primary reason why you might want to consider changing to a Pass Grade is to leave your GPA unaffected by this semester's academic performance.

A PS or PD grade allows you to earn the credits for the course but will not impact your GPA.

Please contact the Registrar at or by phone at 570-740-0594.

All courses, except the Health Science major courses, are eligible for the PS and PD grade. Please click on for the form and list of your courses with the PS/PD status.

A W (Withdrawal) is not a passing grade and it signifies you withdrew from the course. You will need to retake a class with a W grade to complete it and earn a grade. All courses qualify for a W.

Students who are concerned about their ability to join the alternative instructional plan can withdraw from classes that now require online participation, or receive an incomplete grade. The incomplete process will require faculty approval and a plan for the completion of the course. Faculty will work directly with you to determine the necessary paperwork and assignment needed to satisfy the requirement of the course.

An Incomplete is a temporary grade given in cases when the student is unable to complete the semester's work. For the Spring 2020 semester, students will work with their instructor to choose an I to complete course work or examinations or and I grade to complete the course by attending part or all of a course you were not able to complete now, during the Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021.

Students should initiate the request for an Incomplete by emailing their faculty requesting an incomplete. If approved, the faculty will complete the Incomplete form and submit it to the Registrar's Office and copy you. The form will outline what is required of you in order to complete the course.

A PS, PD, I or W grade in the Spring 2020 will not impact your current or future semester financial aid. The College will be able to provide you with a Financial Aid waiver, if necessary for your Federal and State aid to eliminate any negative impact on future aid due to COVD19 impacted grades, withdrawals and incompletes for Spring 2020 performance only.