Frequently Asked Questions


If you do not find the answer to your questions below, please feel free to contact the College at 1-800-377-5222.

For Admissions press/select 1
(How to apply for college, steps to enroll, needed admissions documents)

For Student Support press/select 2
(Financial Aid, registration, academic advising, transcripts, counselors, early college, transfer questions, etc.)

For the Business Office press/select 3
(Billing and payment information, as well as how to access the College's payment plan option)

For the Bookstore press/select 4

For Academic Affairs press/select 5
(Questions about instructors, grades, distance education)

For Technical Support press/select 6
(Help with online classes, technical issues, passwords, email accounts, etc.)

For all other questions press/select 8

Grading Information

Students will receive a letter grade for every course they complete. After you receive your final grade you will until January 15, 2021 to decide if you would like change to a Pass Grade instead of a letter grade or withdraw from the course and receive a W (Withdrawal).

There are two types of a Pass Grade. The PS is a passing grade equal to a C or better. The PD is a passing grade equal to a D. Students who earned a C or better can choose the PS grade. A student who earned a D+ or D can choose a PD grade.

The primary reason why you might want to consider changing to a Pass Grade is to leave your GPA unaffected by this semester's academic performance.

A PS or PD grade allows you to earn the credits for the course but will not impact your GPA.

At the end of the semester, grades will be posted. You will receive an email to your LCCC email account with the link ( to the online grade request change form.

All courses, except the Health Science major courses, are eligible for the PS and PD grade. Please click on for the form and list of your courses with the PS/PD status.

A W (Withdrawal) is not a passing grade and it signifies you withdrew from the course. You will need to retake a class with a W grade to complete it and earn a grade. All courses qualify for a W.

To withdraw from the course please contact the registrar for assistance at or by phone at 570-740-0594. Students who are concerned about their ability to join the alternative instructional plan that may have been implemented in a course you are currently enrolled in can also withdraw or inquire with your faculty if an incomplete is appropriate.

An I (Incomplete) is a temporary grade given in cases when the student is unable to complete the semester's work. For the Fall 2020 semester, students will work with their instructor to choose an I and develop a plan to complete course work or examinations by December 2021.

Students should initiate the request for an Incomplete by emailing their faculty requesting an incomplete. If approved, the faculty will complete the Incomplete form and submit it to the Registrar's Office and copy you. The form will outline what is required of you in order to complete the course.

Students may be financially affected by choosing a Pass Grade (PS, PD or W). Please contact the Financial Aid office at or at (570)740-0389 prior to selecting a Pass Grade to understand the potential impact of this choice on your future financial aid. Fall 2020 grades will not impact Financial Aid Academic Progress only if the student can reasonably demonstrate that their low grade or lack of completion is as a direct result of a COVID-19 circumstance.