Associate of Applied Science (Two year program)
The criminal justice program provides an academic foundation designed to prepare students for entry level positions or transfer to a baccalaureate institution. Note: Some jobs in the Criminal Justice System require mandated training not within the scope of this academic curriculum.
This program provides the student the opportunity:
- To demonstrate knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- To demonstrate an understanding of crime in society.
- To demonstrate the necessary competencies and skills to advance in the profession of criminal justice.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Identify and describe the purposes of the major components of the criminal justice system.
- Describe principles, procedures and techniques involved in processing a case through the criminal justice system.
- Explain the impact of crime on various components of society.
- Describe and evaluate varied theories of crime and relate crime to other social issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and creatively in solving problems characteristic of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, ethical behavior and professional values.
Apply Now to Criminal Justice
View Options: Required Courses - Required Courses / Recommended Sequence