CDL Training Program
PREPARE TO EARN YOUR COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE IN JUST FOUR WEEKS.
Embark on a career driving trucks through one of the Commercial Driver's License training programs at Luzerne County Community College. Gain the knowledge and skills you need through a combination of classroom, driving range, and on-road training provided by experienced instructors will help prepare you to take and pass your state's Commercial Driver's License test - all in just four weeks or nine weekends!
CLASS A: 4 Weeks (172 Hours)
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Weekend classes also available
- Training Includes: classroom, range (skill development) & road training
- CDL skills test here at the main campus in Nanticoke
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS IN:
- Shifting/operating transmissions
- Backing up and docking
- Space management
- Vehicle Communications
- Extreme driving conditions
- Vehicle maintenance
- Pre-and post-trip inspections
PASS THE TEST. GET YOUR CDL. GET A JOB.
Once you graduate, pass the test and receive your CDL, you can be qualified to land an entry-level position as a tractor trailer driver with a quality carrier. In addition, we partner with many companies that have in-house training departments to provide additional training to new CDL drivers.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP TODAY!
Request more information about CDL Training at LCCC. Just complete the form on this page, or call 570-740-0407.
Pennsylvania has one of the highest employment levels in this occupation, with an annual mean wage of $45,270.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Heavy and Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes533032.htm#(1), visited April 2017.
LCCC Professional Driver Training also offers the following:
- DOT Compliance
- Driver Improvement Programs
- Driver Evaluations
- Log Book - Hours of Service Training
- Train the Trainer Programs
- Customized Training for Your Business