Digital Media Design
Associate of Applied Science (Two year program)
The mission of the Digital Media Design Degree is to prepare a student to gain the skills needed to obtain employment in the fields of advertising, graphic design, public relations and marketing. The student will gain knowledge in all aspects of advertising and design in order to provide multimedia solutions to a variety of communication problems. Both traditional and digital processes are explored, with a variety of lectures and hands-on projects.
This program provides the student the opportunity to:
- Understand a visual consistency of application and be able to manage a brand effectively.
- Study the elements and principles of design necessary in the graphics field.
- Create a body of work which meets or exceeds professional standards of concept design, function and execution.
The graduate of this program is able to:
- Describe the role of image advertising and promotional design in branding.
- Create a brand identity system and assemble a complete branding experience.
- Develop and design a layout that demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrate use of such elements as lines, color, shape, texture, space, and balance in graphic design.
- Demonstrate and effectively utilize typography and images as elements of practical communication, design, and creative expression
- Utilize all current computer applications employed in the communication arts industry.