Certificate program (Typically finished in two semesters)
The Welding Program provides training to beginning welders, as well as continuing education for experienced welders who wish to upgrade their skills by using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Emphasizing practical and classroom instruction, our students enter the workforce prepared for the real world of industry. Our mission is to provide the program?s students with job contacts, self-confidence and professional leadership skills necessary in gaining employment. To ensure that students learn what the profession requires faculty assess the performance and progress of each student during the pursuit of his/her professional development.
This program provides the student the opportunity to
- Develop knowledge and skills required for entry level positions in the eld of welding.
The graduate of this program will be able to:
- Solve problems encountered while welding or cutting as per job requirement.
- Describe the importance of proper training and preparation for today?s employment quali cation requirements.
- Apply the safety knowledge required in the welding trade.
- Set up appropriate intermediate and advanced welding equip- ment for welding process being performed.
- Produce welds which meet visual acceptance criteria.
- Layout, cut, and prepare specimens as per WPS/shop drawings.