Student Support Services
Rm 134, (570) 740-0462
Secretary: Donna Dennis
Rm 114, (570) 740-0298
- Biology 101, Introduction to Biological Science
- Biology 121, General Biology
- Biology 135, Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Biology 136, Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Biology 251, General Microbiology
- Chemistry 111, Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Chemistry 131, Principles of Chemistry I
- Physics 101, Intro to Physical Science I
- Physics 102, Earth Science
Rm 114, (570) 740-0774
- Math 050, Fundamentals of Arithmetic
- Math 060, Fundamentals of Algebra
- Math 101, Survey of Mathematics
- Math 106, Survey for Statistical Concepts
- Math 107, Basic Statistics
- Math 111, Technical Mathematics 1
- Math 112, Technical Mathematics 2
- Math 121, College Algebra
- Math 125, Pre-Calculus
- Math 151, Analytic Geometry and Calculus 1
- Math 251, Analytic Geometry and Calculus 2
Coordinator of Tutorial Services
Rm 121 , (570) 740-0775
Rm 115, (570) 740-0772
- English 029, Basic Writing Skills
- English 030, Fundamentals of Writing
- English 101, English Composition
- English 102, Advanced Composition
- Psychology 103, General Psychology
- Reading 019, Basic Reading Skills
- Reading 020, College Reading and Study Skills
- Sociology 101, Principles of Sociology
- Speech 125, Fundamentals of Speech
- Speech 210, Introduction to Interpersonal Communications
Tutoring for additional courses is available upon request.
Doris Gayeski - Campus Center (Bldg 14) - ph# (570) 740-0408
Tutoring Services are provided by the Student Support Services Department and are at no cost to LCCC students. Our Tutors are faculty members as well as current students who have achieved academic success in the subject being tutored.
The Student Support Services Department offers tutoring in most subjects. To arrange tutorial services please click the link "Request Tutoring Services" and complete the form online. Be sure to provide a broad range of your availability (dates and times) so that our staff may match you with a tutor promptly.
After the request form is submitted, you will receive confirmation via an automated email. The automated email will also notify our department that the request has been submitted. Our staff will review your request, and pair you with a tutor. You will receive an email stating the date, time, and name of the tutor.
Request Tutoring Services
How to Become a Tutor
Thank you for your interest in wanting to serve as a tutor at Luzerne County Community College. Peer tutoring is an important and beneficial component to the overall academic achievement for many of our students. To become a tutor, applicants must meet certain criteria however no prior experience is necessary. The Student Support Services staff will provide training for tutors.
Tutors are paid $8.50 per hour. The hours are flexible and will be adjusted in accordance with the tutor's class schedule. Our staff will develop and maintain a schedule as well as pairing the tutor with each student that has requested tutoring.
The Application Process
After applying online, our team will review the application and an email will be sent to the candidate. Copies of transcripts will be required for courses taken at another college as well as verification of your current GPA (which must be a 2.75 or higher). Once a tutor is hired, paperwork must be completed and submitted to the Human Resources Department.
- Submit a letter of intent. Simply draft a paragraph stating academic and personal strengths.
- Submit two (2) brief letters of recommendation preferably from a member of our faculty or other college/university.
- Once hired, complete a W-4, Local Earned Income Tax Residency Certification Form, and I-9 document (Employment Eligibility Verification). These documents can be located on our website or can be found in our office.
Students entering the College must take the community college placement test ACCUPLACER. Counselors evaluate test scores and high school records to determine course placement.
Students may take make-up tests and/or testing with accommodations at our Testing Center located in the Campus Center (Building 14), Student Support Services.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Wednesdays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Fridays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Testing with accommodations? Please contact Ms. Passarella at (570) 740-0451.