Veterans Education Benefits
Luzerne County Community College is committed to supporting veterans and active personnel of the U.S. military and their families. Veterans interested in learning more about using the GI Bill® to help offset the cost of higher education should contact the Department of Veteran Affairs or visit the VA Website at gibill.va.gov.
How Do I Have My Enrollment Certified?
- Veterans who are seeking eligibility for veteran's educational benefits must complete an Application for VA Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) with the VA. Online access is: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill or call: 1-888-442-4551.The VA will determine eligibility. A Certificate of Eligibility or award letter will be sent to eligible veterans.
- A Certificate of Eligibility
- DD-214 (member 4 copy - Chapter 30, 33, 1607)
- Reserve or Guard Unit members must also submit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE-DD2384). The form can be obtained from their Unit Educational Officer.
If transferring from another college, an official college transcript from previous institution(s) attended and a completed VA Form 22-1995 (Change Of Program or Place Of Training Form) is also required for submission.
- Veterans transferring benefits to a must complete the Dependent's Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-5490) at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill or call: 1-888-442-4551. The VA will determine eligibility. A Certificate of Eligibility or award letter will be sent to eligible dependents. The COE must be submitted to the SCO in the Financial Aid office at the college.
If transferring from another college, an official college transcript from previous institution(s) attended and a completed VA Form 22-2495 (Dependent's Request for Change Of Program or Place Of Training Form) is also required for submission.
- Students must submit a class schedule before the start of each term in which benefits are being used.
- It is the student's responsibility (Chapter 1606, 1607 & 30) to verify payment information monthly with the VA by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 1-877-823-2378.
First time LCCC students must submit to the School Certifying Official in the college's Financial Aid Office:
For more information, contact Financial Aid Specialist, SCO Michelle Cicerchia at 570-740-0396 or email@example.com.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.