ACT235 Recertification Courses
Privately employed agents with lethal weapons certification are required to renew their certification every five years. The minimum standards consist of the following required subjects and prescribed eight hours of instruction.
- Handgun - at least .38 caliber or 9mm, no larger than .45 caliber. A Revolver or Semi-Automatic pistol as commonly carried by law enforcement. Firearm must be in safe, operable condition, subject to inspection.
- Magazines or speed loaders- at least two magazines or speed loaders
- Handgun ammunition - 200 rounds of FACTORY ammunition, NO RELOADS
- 12 gauge ammunition - 4 rds. of 00 buckshot, 2 rds. of rifled slug
- Holster - strong-side hip holster (with or without duty style belt)
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball style cap
Students taking this class should already be proficient in using a firearm, as this IS NOT a beginner's course for new shooters.
Do not bring any firearms to class until instructed to do so.
Pennsylvania Crimes Code, 1 hour
Limits of Authority, 0.5 hour
Justification/use of force, 1 hour
Examination, 0.5 hour
Total Hours Recertification: 3 hours
Firearms Shooting and Qualification, 5 hours
Total Hours Firearms Shooting and Qualification: 5 hours
Privately employed agents with lethal weapons certification are required to renew their certification every five years. The minimum standards of recertification without firearms consists of the three-hour Academic Module listed above.
Location: LCCC - Public Safety Training Institute, 1211 Public Safety Drive, Nanticoke, PA 18634
Tuition: $225.00 w/ firearms, $205.00 w/o firearms. If you are registering for Act 235 without firearms, please call 570-740-0637.
|Start Date||End Date||Days/Times||Sessions||Hours||PA State Police Letter of Approval must be obtained before registering for an ACT 235 course. Submit approval letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
*Also, see Enrollment Process
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm (F); 8:00 am - 2:00 pm (S)
|2||8||Call 570-740-0637 to register||12/15/2023||12/16/2023||Fri., Sat.|
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm (F); 8:00 am - 2:00 pm (SA)
|2||8||Call 570-740-0637 to register|