ACT235 Upgrade Courses
Privately employed agents who are currently certified Lethal Weapons Basic Certification without firearms may choose to upgrade their certification with firearms by successfully completing the 14 hour Firearms Module.
- Handgun - at least .38 caliber or 9mm, no larger than .45 caliber. A Revolver or Semi-Automatic pistol as commonly carried by law enforcement. Firearm must be in safe, operable condition, subject to inspection.
- Magazines or speed loaders- at least two magazines or speed loaders
- Handgun ammunition - 200 rounds of FACTORY ammunition, NO RELOADS
- 12 gauge ammunition - 4 rds. of 00 buckshot, 4 rds. of rifled slug
- Holster - strong-side hip holster (with or without duty style belt)
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball style cap
Students taking this class should already be proficient in using a firearm, as this IS NOT a beginner's course for new shooters.
Do not bring any firearms to class until instructed to do so.
Introduction to Firearms, 2 hours
Introduction to Combat Shooting, 2 hours
Introduction to Shotgun, 1 hour
Handgun Qualification, 5 hours
Handgun Combat Shooting, 3 hours
Familiarization with Shotgun, 1 hour
Total Course Hours: 14 hours
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Days/Times||Sessions||Tuition||Hours||Register|
|Nothing at this time. Please check back soon!|