Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my major?
A student who changes educational objectives and wishes to alter his/her program of studies in order to pursue a new curriculum should contact their counselor or the Registrar's Office to obtain a Change of Curriculum Form. A change of curriculum is not official until the student has obtained the signature of a counselor and the Registrar's Office.

What is the maximum course load?
The maximum course load for a student is 18 credits. A student requesting to take more than 18 credits needs special permission from the curriculum's Academic Dean.

What is considered Part, Half, and Full-Time?
Part-Time is 1 to 5 credits; Half-Time is 6 to 11 credits; and Full-Time is 12 to 18 credits.

How do I qualify for President's, Dean's, or Honors Lists?
Students are eligible for academic honors at the conclusion of the Fall and Spring semesters according to their Grade Point Average (GPA). A student will be recognized for honors upon the completions of each segment of twelve credits to a maximum of one hundred (120) credits.

How do I Audit a course?
By consent of the instructor and the academic dean, any person may enroll as an auditor for a desired credit course. The auditor pays the regular tuition and fees applicable to the part-time student and is expected to attend all lecture and laboratory classes, but is not required to write examinations. The auditor receives neither a grade, nor credit for his/her work. A student must declare his/her intention for the audit by the end of the second week of the semester. A student cannot audit the clinical component of a nursing course.

How do I transfer credits into LCCC?
The student needs to request their other school to send transcripts to the Registrar's Office at: Registrar's Office
Luzerne County Community College
521 Trailblazer Drive
Nanticoke, PA 18634

How do I transfer credits from LCCC to another college/university?
The student needs to submit a request for transcripts to the Registrar's Office. Click here for more information.

How do I request Enrollment Verification?
The student needs to submit a request for Enrollment Verification to the Registrar's Office. Click here for more information.